The Carolina Panthers will take on the Atlanta Falcons in an NFC South battle. The Panthers are coming off a tough loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, while the Falcons are coming off a win over the New Orleans Saints. Both teams will be looking to get back on track in this divisional matchup.
1. How the Carolina Panthers can win against the Atlanta Falcons
In order for the Carolina Panthers to win against the Atlanta Falcons, they will need to establish a strong running game early on. This will help keep the Falcons’ offense off the field and give their own offense some time to get into a rhythm. Additionally, the Panthers’ defense will need to be effective in stopping Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. If they can contain these two players, they will give themselves a good chance at coming out with a victory.
2. Why the Carolina Panthers are the better team
The Carolina Panthers are the better team because of their strong defense and their explosive offense. The Panthers have one of the best defenses in the NFL, and they also have an offense that can score points in a hurry. The Panthers have the ability to win close games and blowout opponents, and they have shown that they can beat good teams on the road. The Panthers are a well-rounded team that is built for success in the playoffs.
3. What the Panthers need to do to take down the Falcons
In order to take down the Falcons, the Panthers need to put pressure on Matt Ryan and force him into making mistakes. The defensive line will need to get after Ryan and not let him have time to find his targets downfield. In the secondary, the Panthers need to be aggressive and make it difficult for Ryan to complete passes. If they can do these things, they will give themselves a good chance to win against a tough opponent.
4. Keys to victory for the Carolina Panthers against Atlanta
- Establish the run early: The Panthers will need to get their running game going early to take some pressure off Cam Newton and open up the play-action passing game.
- Limit turnovers: Carolina can’t afford to give Atlanta’s high-powered offense any extra possessions, so they’ll need to take care of the ball on offense and force some turnovers on defense.
- Get after Matt Ryan: The Panthers will need to put pressure on Matt Ryan if they want to slow down Atlanta’s passing attack. They’ll need to generate a good pass rush with their front four and possibly bring some extra blitzers from time to time.
- Win the battle in the trenches: This game will likely be decided in the trenches, so the Panthers will need to win that battle on both sides of the line of scrimmage if they want come out victorious.
5. X-factors for the Carolina Panthers in their matchup
- The Carolina Panthers will need to contain the Denver Broncos’ high-powered offense, led by quarterback Peyton Manning.
- The Panthers will also need to establish a running game to take some of the pressure off of their own defense.
- Carolina’s secondary will need to be at their best against a Denver passing attack that includes receiver Demaryius Thomas and tight end Julius Thomas.
- Ultimately, it may come down to who wants it more, as both teams are evenly matched on paper and have a lot riding on this game (a spot in the Super Bowl).